Are you overwhelmed, overworked, overweight, overspent?
Do you frequently use: alcohol, tobacco, medications, shopping, or the internet to cope or escape?
If your life is out of balance and you are unsure of where to turn, then wellness counselling may be the answer to finding a healthier way of life.
There is an overwhelming amount of advice telling you how to be healthier and achieve a healthier life. Maybe you have tried different self-help books, diets, exercise programs, or pursued a spiritual path to find “the answer” to feeling better about yourself and your life. If you haven’t been able to stick with health goals, or follow through on advice from your physician, then getting support to address your Emotional Health can help you move forward with your health goals.
I help people look at the bigger picture and how modern life may be effecting their emotional health.
- We have an abundance of food yet, poor nutrition.
- Many people have sedentary work that leaves them exhausted mentally and feeling too “tired” to exercise.
- We live in a consumer culture where images of the “perfect life” are a constant reminder of what your life could and should look like.
- We live in a culture of high expectations at your job, in your relationships – as a partner and parent, in your home – nutrition and decor, and in your community.
The increase in rates of depression, anxiety, and addictions are all indications of cumulative stress and unhealthy lifestyles that have come with our modern society.
Lifestyle and Wellness Counselling can help you to feel happier in your day to day life.
- Learn how to navigate daily stressors of the outside world by understanding your internal world.
- Achieve emotional health and consistently feel more confident and grounded in dealing with people and situations.
- Discover a sustainable approach to food and exercise.
- Learn how to prioritize yourself so you can recharge and have authentic energy for the people you love and things you love to do.
- Create healthier relationships.
Self-care: Smart not Selfish.
Taking care of yourself and changing habits often falls to the bottom of the to-do list. When you address the barriers to self-care you will discover that caring for yourself even in small ways leads to a stable sense of well-being. When you care for yourself you have more authentic energy to care for others instead of feeling drained or resentful.
Getting help doesn’t make you weak or inadequate.
Many women feel that they should be able to figure it out on their own. But, knowing what you should do is easier than doing it. Therapy can help you uncover the hidden thoughts and beliefs that are often negative and judgemental, and then become obstacles to self-care and taking positive action in life.
Becoming emotionally healthy will serve you for the rest of your life.
I combine body-oriented psychotherapy and wellness counselling to bring a holistical approach; well-being comes from addressing the needs of mind, body, and spirit. You can learn to choose the food, types of exercise, and self-care activities that feed your heart and soul.
If now is the time to improve your emotional health, then click to book a complimentary consultation.